I am so happy to say that our first day back to school went SWIMMINGLY!
I attribute this success to several things:
- Early Rising. I made sure to wake up in plenty of time to leisurely do all the things. I am often guilty of hitting the snooze button until our morning is forced to become an episode of Fear Factor where I’m performing dangerous maneuvers to race the clock – BUT NOT TODAY!
- We were prepared! Her clothes were pressed and all laid out the night before & I did all of our Back to School shopping during the Tax Free Weekend which is ~one~ of my favorite weekends of the year. HA! Does that make me a total cheapskate?? Not even worried about it. I LOVE a deal 🙂
- Positive Attitudes. I am also guilty of allowing myself to succumb to negative thinking and anxiety. However, Delia is a freakishly happy unicorn child and I still have no idea where she actually is from – if she was accidentally switched at birth I don’t even wanna know. I’m keeping her.
- With that being said, I actually had a hormonal breakdown in the office of the school the day prior and ended up making a few new friends. Maybe this didn’t actually help and they aren’t really my new friends but at the end of the whole ordeal I felt a little better and more in love with our school.
- Delia has great new teacher and there were many familiar faces in her class! She felt welcomed and comfortable right away – giving her teacher cookies probably didn’t hurt either… But I think we just got lucky!
I will say, due to no fault of our own, the afternoon pick up situation was utter chaos. I wasn’t able to get Delia into my car until almost 30 min. after the school bell rang & I arrived 30 min. early! In defense of the school, I think the rain and newness of the year played a major factor. It was fine – but then we really had to rush to dance right after. Thank goodness Delia wasn’t assigned any homework – I think that would have resulted in another hormonal breakdown!
I’ve been getting some questions about our clothes, lunch box, backpack, etc. and wanted to share that most of Delia’s things were purchased at Target during the aforementioned Tax Free Weekend sale. However, there are some things available on Amazon that I would like to share with you! Some things are student related and some are mom related. All are things we have and love. Like I mentioned in my last post, I am an Amazon Affiliate and will receive a small commission from qualifying purchases through my links. But rest assured I would never share with you anything just because. I find these things useful in my daily life and maybe you will as well! And that’s really the most fun part I think 🙂
Most of Delia’s school uniform items I buy are from The Children’s Place or Target. I find that The Children’s Place offers a better selection in Polo colors which is important for Delia because she very much dislikes having to wear a uniform. (Like I said before… unicorn child) And having a purple or teal or pink polo offers her a small sense of individuality amongst the sea of typical navy, black, and white polos. Target, however, is better for shorts and skirts. The material offered in their Jack & Cat line is soft and comfortable which is really important for little ones. However, I sometimes will go on Zulily for more cutesy items (I’m a big fan of peter pan collars) like jumpers and dresses. And I just discovered that one of my favorite brands from Zulily is also available on Amazon! It’s called French Toast – their clothes are both super cute and affordable. #winning
Here are some of our favorite pieces from French Toast:
This dress is another great option – it’s a 1piece & has the cute collar that I love!
Okay – these next items aren’t exactly the same as what we have from Target but are very similar. As an Aquarius (yes, I believe in astrology, too – don’t @ me) I get very bored with routine and doing the same thing over and over. By the end of last year, packing Delia’s lunch box was the most intolerable chore – I felt so uninspired and found myself giving her the same things over and over and over. I can only make so many PB&J’s until I lose my damn mind. Then I stumbled across Jenny Mollen’s instagram account that she dedicates solely to the lunches she packs for her “dictator” son. It’s the cutest/ funniest thing ever and drove me to purchase a bento box for Delia. If you’re not following that or her main account you totally should. She’s one of my absolute faves.
This box is most similar to what we have & there’s actually a 10% off coupon right now!
This is a 2 pack & I absolutely love the colors! Delia’s favorite color is blue (in case you were curious) and she would just die. *~the little things~*
Okay – so I was that mom that bought every single item (and then some… for brownie points) on the recommended classroom supply list. So yesterday, to ease the burden of carrying an enormous & heavy bag across the school campus, I was a genius and used one of these bad boys:
A collapsible dolly. If you don’t have one you need one. This thing comes in handy more than you know and since I’ve been pregnant and trying to do all the things I’m needing it now more than ever.
Okay the last thing I’m going to share with you is something I personally used and loved the last 2 years and I don’t have one for this year because I was being an unorganized bum and by the time I remembered I needed a new one the price was all jacked up on Amazon & I couldn’t find it anywhere else! UHHH!! Do yourself a favor and get this while it’s still only $6. It’s the cutest pocket planner ever. Now – I have a regular planner that I use and love too but this one is the size of a checkbook and is perfect for your purse or to have at work. I love the at a glance month set up and I use it to put all of Delia’s important school dates in at the beginning of the year. So handy when making follow up doctor’s appointments or when you need to know about a date really quick and you’re a caveman like me and don’t update everything on your phone/google calendar!
Susan Branch’s designs are so cute and make me so happy! Andddddd it’s a 2 year pocket planner ! It’s my lazy girl secret to staying on top of my ish. Thank me later.
Okay – that’s all I have for you today. I’m about to turn on some crude rap music and pull a power hour to try and clean my house before I have to pick Delia up from school!
But can we acknowledge real quick how I turned out 2 posts in 2 days???? WHO AM I!?
Leave some love in the comments or like this post so I know we’re becoming besties 🙂 Thanks!
Hope you guys have a great day!
xoxo Brittany ❤